Unique to this site, Main School has a large support network of programs, agencies, and resources on-site to assist children and families. New offices and classrooms are planned to accommodate the need. The campus is also reconfigured to provide dedicated, enclosed outdoor playground areas. A new 1,000 sf infant/toddler center is planned. Renovations include classrooms, restrooms campus-wide, kitchen and pantry remodel for additional storage. A new parking lot, preschool entrance gate and entry court will be located off of Palm Avenue.
- Replace 7 portable classrooms all in failing condition with new modular classrooms. These portables are currently used for family counseling and a resource center for the school district.
- Construct new parking lot
- Renovate existing building
- Convert 2 classrooms to preschool classrooms
- Remodel kitchen
- Renovate multi-purpose room
- Remodel restrooms
In May 2019, the District’s Board of Trustees voted to allocate an additional $3,580,209 in Measure U contingency and escalation bond funds to pay for priority projects at Main School. However, the Trustees determined that it would be prudent to wait until State matching funds have been received and the master budget containing all Measure U projects is updated prior to beginning the work planned for Main. It is anticipated that the State matching funds will be distributed during the 2022-2023 school year. At that time, the scope and timing of construction at Main will be determined.