Carpinteria Middle School
The Carpinteria Middle School conceptual plan calls for all portables on site to be replaced with new modulars. To accommodate the new classroom layout, the track needs to be reconfigured and will become a 400-meter track. A new kitchen will be built and the food service and covered eating areas will be expanded as well as the garden.
The main building and multipurpose room will also be improved with renovations to classrooms, the old locker rooms, music and band rooms. New shade structures will be provided throughout the campus for student comfort. The entrance will also be redesigned to provide a secure single point of entry to the campus.
- Replace 9 portable classrooms and portable restroom with 8 new modular buildings
- Renovate old gym/multipurpose room, including stage
- Create band room from old locker room under old gym
- Demolish existing kitchen and rebuild in existing building
- Renovate main building
- Expand covered eating area