Canalino Elementary School / Carpinteria Family School
The conceptual plan for Canalino / CFS provides a unique identity for both schools and provides the appropriate separation between “little kid” and “big kid” areas. Restrooms campus-wide will be modernized. Other improvements include upgrading existing classrooms, remodeling the kitchen, upgrading finishes in the MPR and addressing the special education patio area. After school programs will now have a permanent home. New construction on site includes a new learning center and classrooms.
- Replace 12 portable classrooms in poor condition with 6 new modular classrooms. A preschool classroom is being moved to the Main campus to provide teacher workroom space. This will require an additional modular classroom at Main.
- Replace 3 portable buildings used for library and computer lab with new modular learning center with same square footage
- Renovate existing classrooms to provide more small group intervention and special education resources.
- Remodel restrooms
- Replace all door hardware
- Renovate electrical systems
- Extend parking lot and create traffic loop