Aliso Elementary School
The priorities of the Aliso Elementary School Conceptual Plan are to cluster grade levels more efficiently, relocate the preschool to CCP at Main, renovate existing classrooms to better serve students, add new 4th and 5th grade classrooms and create outdoor classrooms, courtyards and gathering spaces for various grade levels. Renovation projects include all restrooms on campus, the kindergarten wing, kitchen and cafeteria. The playground hardscape will be relocated to the southeast end of the campus.
The entrance to the campus will be reconfigured and enhanced by relocating the parent and bus drop off area, adding a traffic loop for improved circulation and creating additional new parking lots. This will also improve security with access through the front office as single point of entry.
- Measure U funds: $10,564,703
- State funds: $6,139,606
Classroom modernization — phase 2
The classrooms in Buildings A and E were modernized during Summer 2020. The scope of the modernization included: new classroom furniture; restroom, electrical, HVAC, and fire alarm upgrades; and exterior paving. In addition, the office was moved to its original location at the front of the school. Construction began in June 2020 and was completed on time in August 2020.
- Completion Date: August 2020
- Construction Cost: $2,786,218
- Completed August 2019
- Construction Cost: $1,683,000
All classrooms in Buildings C and D at Aliso Elementary School were remodeled over Summer 2019 and received brand new furniture. The scope of the modernization included the restrooms as well as electrical, HVAC, and fire alarm upgrades and exterior paving.
Front Entrance Gates
- Completed August 2018
- Construction Cost: $95,448
New gates were installed at the main entrance to the school next to the administration building to improve security and enhance the front door of the campus. The new entrance gates remain locked during the school day. Visitors must first check in at the office and the gate will then be opened remotely from the office to allow entrance to the campus. The gates are designed for compatibility with the circa 1930s building and are manufactured using galvanized steel with powder-coated finish.
Administration Building/Multi-purpose Room Roof Replacement
- Completed August 2018
- Construction Cost: $220,512
The existing composition roof was replaced with Spanish tile to save on energy costs and blend seamlessly with the architectural style of the other classroom buildings.
Classroom modernization — phase 3
- The modernization of classrooms in Buildings B, F and G will begin in Summer 2021 and will be similar in scope to Buildings A and E. The District has a lease/leaseback agreement with McGillivray Construction for Phases 2 and 3. The estimated construction costs for Phase 3 is just over $2.7 million.
- Construction of the modular classrooms has been deferred until after the receipt of the State matching funds anticipated in fiscal year 2022-2023.